‘Best Never Rest’ will be the guiding motto for Mercedes-Benz in 2019
2019 will also mark 25 years of operations of the Three Pointed Star in India; year- long customer centric initiatives and innovations will mark the occasion
- The V-Class will target the multi- purpose vehicle segment which has a potential demand
- The V-Class will be available in both the 6 and 7 seater long-wheelbase (Exclusive) and extra-long-wheelbase (Expression) variants
- Continuing Mercedes-Benz’s BS VI transition efforts, the V 220 d will be available in a 2 litre BS VI compliant diesel engine | 2143 cc| 120 kW|380 Nm| 0-100 in 10.9 s
- Made in Spain, this luxury multi-purpose vehicle is sold in more than 90 countries
- 25 Years of Mercedes-Benz in India: 2019 marks the 25th year of Mercedes-Benz in India and will be a significant milestone for the brand in India; as Mercedes-Benz will embark upon exploring new paths to redefine the luxury automotive space in India
- The Star Ease maintenance packages for the V 220 d starts at Rs.1,48,700 for 2 year/30,000 kms
- The ex-showroom price of the V-Class Expression starts at INR 68.40 lakhs and the V-Class Exclusive starts at INR 81.90 lakhs (All prices ex-showroom India)
Pune: India’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz today pioneered the ‘Luxury Multi-Purpose Vehicle’ (MPV) segment by launching the much awaited V-Class in India. With the introduction of the V-Class in India, Mercedes-Benz now offers a worldclass ‘Luxury Multi-Purpose Vehicle’ that combines highest standards of passenger car with functionality of a MPV, which can be adapted to market and customer-specific demands owing to its wide range of equipment options. The V-Class was launched in the Indian market by Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India in Mumbai, today.
Speaking on his first launch in India, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “We are excited to kick-start 2019 by introducing an exciting product from our global portfolio, the V-Class. The launch of the V-Class in India firmly underscores our pioneering spirit as we introduce the ‘Luxury MultiPurpose Vehicle’ segment for our discerning Indian customers. The V-Class combines exemplary functionality with luxury appeal, unsurpassed comfort, efficient driving dynamics and uncompromised safety, all of which characterize a Mercedes-Benz. The versatile V-Class is targeted at a wide array of potential customers comprising large families, sports enthusiasts and businesses.”
Martin Schwenk further added, “In 2019, Mercedes-Benz completes 25 years in India and this milestone will be marked with a wide range of product offensive, starting with the V-Class. The V-Class is the first-of-its kind product in India and with its distinctive qualities, it is going to create a new benchmark for luxury travel in the country. We have some of the most awaited products planned for the Indian market in 2019 that will keep the customers and enthusiasts fascinated.”
India spec V-Class:
Two body styles:
- Long Wheelbase: Wheelbase - 3200 mm | Length – 5140 mm
- Extra Long Wheelbase: Wheelbase - 3430 mm | Length – 5370 mm
- 17-inch alloys
- Table package
- Rear window opening with parcel shelf and shopping crates
- Comfort seats in nappa leather – Silk beige, Marron and Black
- AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective damping system
- Multifunction steering wheel in nappa leather
- Ambient Lighting
- 360 degree reversing camera with Active Park Assist
- Electric Sliding Doors
- High-Performance LED headlamps with Intelligent Light System
Key features of the Expressive Line (7 seater):
- 16-inch alloys
- Comfort Suspension
- Multifunction steering wheel
- 230 mm longer wheelbase and length (more boot space)
- Attention Assist PRE SAFE®
- Leather Lugano Black (optional)
- Matt anthracite wave-look trim (Optional)
- Sports Pedal (Optional)
- Leather Steering wheel (Optional)
- Reversing Camera
- Dynamic LED headlamps with Intelligent Light System
- THERMOTRONIC 2 Zone Automatic AC | Rear AC control units
- Touchpad with handwriting recognition
- Grab handles for ease of entry
Engine & Transmission:
- 120 kW of power | 380 Nm of torque | 0-100 in 10.9 s | 2143 cc diesel engine
- 6 airbags | Attention Assist | Active Parking Assist with 360 degree camera|PRE-SAFE®
- Obsidian Black Metallic | Cavensite Blue Metallic | Mountain Crystal White Metallic | Brilliant Silver Metallic
V-Class Production site:
The V-Class is produced at the Mercedes-Benz Vitoria plant in the Spanish Basque Country, where it contributes to ensuring that production runs at full capacity. To guarantee that the site was optimally equipped for the production of the new model series as of 2074, Daimler AG invested around 190 million euros in Vitoria. The focus of the investment was squarely on the modernization and reorganization of the body shop, paint shop and assembly line.
Media Contact: Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd.:
Shekhar Das Chowdhury | firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 98508 36477
Vignesh Shankar | email@example.com | +91 77740 36269
About Mercedes-Benz India:
Established in 1994, Mercedes-Benz India which celebrates its 25th anniversary in India, pioneered the luxury car market in the country and boasts of more than 130 years of cutting edge innovation in the luxury automobile industry globally. Set up in 2009, Mercedes-Benz India’s world class production facility is spread over 100 acres in Chakan near Pune. Since June 2015, Mercedes-Benz India also commenced production from its new expanded production facility located in the same premises. Mercedes-Benz India is part of MercedesBenz’s Global Production Network. It plays an important role in the CKD/MVP production network in Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. At these locations, MercedesBenz produces vehicles in various extension levels for domestic markets. The production facility now carries an investment of INR 2,200 crores and has the largest installed production capacity for any luxury carmaker in India.
Mercedes-Benz India also has the largest network spread amongst any luxury carmaker, with presence in 47 Indian cities through 93 outlets. Through the exclusive AMG Performance Centers located in 6 cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kochi, and Pune; the AMG performance sub-brand of Mercedes-Benz also boasts of a strong retail network presence in the country.
Mercedes-Benz India’s flagship programme, ‘My Mercedes, My Service’ launched in 2016, aims to completely redefine the after-sales experience by digitalizing service process and create unparalleled benchmark in the luxury car service domain. In December 2017, Mercedes-Benz India launched its innovative ‘Pit Stop Service’ across all AMG Performance Centre to create service differentiation. This speedy, personalized and priority service is a commitment to the AMG and Specialty Cars customers, in driving delightful vehicle ownership. ‘My Mercedes, My Service’ aims at enhancing the customer’s vehicle ownership experience manifold, making after-sales experience as the new differentiator in the luxury car segment. With the use of big data and in-depth knowledge of the driving pattern of Indian customers, Mercedes-Benz has been able to drive successfully low cost of ownership for its customers. A testimony of all these initiatives is reflected in 2018 JD Power Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) and Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), which ranks Mercedes-Benz India at the top, with a score of 903.
Mercedes-Benz India product portfolio comprises the locally produced Mercedes Maybach S 560, S-Class, E-Class Long Wheelbase, C-Class, CLA luxury sedans and the GLA, GLE and the GLS luxury SUVs. The CKD GLC was the ninth product added to Mercedes-Benz’s local production portfolio. Completely Built imported cars portfolio includes the A-Class, B-Class, CLS, E-Class Cabriolet, E-Class All-Terrain, S-Class Coupé, C-Class Cabriolet, S-Class Cabriolet and the S 600 Guard, plus a range of other Guard vehicles.
The product portfolio also comprises the iconic off-roader Mercedes-AMG G 63 as well as a wide range of other Mercedes-AMG performance cars like the AMG CLA 45, AMG C 63 S, AMG E 63 S, AMG S 63 Coupe, AMG S 63 Sedan, AMG GLA 45, AMG GLC 43 Coupe, AMG GLE 43 Coupe, AMG GT S, AMG GT R and AMG GT Roadster sports car, AMG SLC 43 and AMG C 43. Mercedes-Benz India recorded retail sales of 15,538 units in the period JanuaryDec 2018. In 2019, ‘The Best Never Rest’ is Mercedes-Benz’s brand motto.