- Customer benefit: Added transparency, significant reduction in service time, first free inspection, hassle-free service experience at their doorstep
- Key features: ‘Service on Wheels’ truck carries necessary parts, tools and equipment like Mobile lifting platform, Standard and Special Tools, Generator, Diagnostic equipment and more
- ‘Service on Wheels’ trucks are state-of-the-art machines and well-equipped with Mercedes-Benz’s ‘Digital Service Drive’ capabilities
- Unique customer lounge: The ‘Service on Wheels’ truck features customized interiors, comfortable seating space and can accommodate six people. Full vinyl flooring, 43” Smart Television & two split air-conditioners to ensure customer comfort at the lounge on wheels
- The customer reception for ‘Service on Wheels’ promises to be similar to a Mercedes-Benz workshop
- ‘Service on Wheels’ will be used extensively during Mercedes-Benz service camps, sales campaign and other service related activities
Amritsar: India’s largest luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz today announced the launch of yet another innovative customer service offering for its customers called ‘Service on Wheels’. This novel initiative comprises a service truck equipped with all tools along with professional service personnel to attend to customer cars, especially in Tier 2 and tier 3 cities where Mercedes-Benz doesn’t have a direct presence. On being notified, a mobile service truck will visit the customer’s area and carry out the inspection, repairs and service of the car, adding great value and convenience to the customers. This initiative is part of Mercedes-Benz’s hugely popular service differentiation strategy under the ‘My Mercedes, My Service’ umbrella, launched in July 2016.
‘Service on Wheels’ is a first-of-its-kind initiative in the Indian luxury car industry, which is highly customer-centric and tailor-made for the Indian market. This concept is a result of the Business Innovation project which is conceptualized by the employees of Mercedes-Benz India. It was launched by Mr. Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO and Mr. Santosh Iyer, Vice President-Customer Service, Retail Training and Corporate Affairs, Mercedes-Benz India in the key market of Amritsar today. The Phase I of ‘Service on Wheels’ will travel to 15 different Tier 2 and Tier 3 markets undertaking service related requirements of customers in the remaining months of the 2018.
On the introduction of this customer service initiative, Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said “With our ‘Go to Customer’ strategy we keep exploring novel ways to make the ownership experience of a Mercedes-Benz delightful. This time round, we are virtually going to the customer’s doorstep with our new initiative, ‘Service on Wheels.’ With this new offering, we can assure our customers, especially in cities beyond the large metros, complete peace of mind when it comes to the ownership experience of their cherished Mercedes-Benz. With the support of our dealer partners across the country, we are confident of implementing this innovative programme across markets.”
Mr. Folger further added, “Being a highly customer-centric brand, our service doesn’t end at the sale of our product; in fact the long delightful relationship just begins from there. ‘Service on Wheels’ is yet another step towards the direction of creating service differentiation in the luxury car market, which is key to market success. As the leaders in the luxury car segment, we lead from the front when it comes to delivering customer service excellence and ‘Service on Wheels’ is a firm reiteration of our commitment to our valued patrons.”
Rolling out the ‘Service on Wheels’ initiative, Mr. Santosh Iyer, Vice President - Customer Service, Retail Training and Corporate Affairs, Mercedes-Benz India stated, “As the innovators of unique customer service initiatives, it is our constant endeavour to create new benchmarks of customer delight in the luxury car segment. With the introduction of ‘Service on Wheels’, for the first time for a luxury car brand, we are breaking the barrier of fixed location set-up for servicing a luxury car. Novel and transparent initiatives like these are key differentiators in earning customer trust and help us consolidate our leadership position in the dynamic Indian luxury car market. We are overwhelmed with customer feedback for the various service initiatives under ‘My Mercedes, My Service’, and with this industry-first offering, we are confident that Mercedes-Benz will continue to remain the preferred luxury car brand for our existing and also prospective customers. Featuring the largest service truck deployed, ‘Service on Wheels’ will provide customers an experience which is similar to any Mercedes-Benz workshop, and will travel across the country benefitting customers with quick service at their doorsteps.”
With a history of serving customers in India since the last 24 years, Mercedes-Benz is known to provide the best-in-class service to its patrons. ‘Service on Wheels’ is an easily accessible mobile service centre for customers where a Mercedes-Benz dealership is not available conveniently. The technical team in the service truck inspects the car using a mobile lifting platform. Instances of the vehicle check comprises lights, windscreen, wipers, brake discs/pads, leaks, battery, etc.
Service related jobs undertaken by ‘Service on Wheels’:
The ‘Service on Wheels’ truck will carry out first free inspection, Service A and Service B. This includes:
- Vehicle health check-up using Xentry
- Functional checks of vehicle interior and exterior system
- Checks for leakages and damages to the vehicle and in the engine compartment
- Check the correctness of oil and fluids
- Checking the health of tyres
- Checking and adjusting coolant levels
- Oil and oil filter replacement
- Checking the poly V-belt
- Replacement of the dust filters
- Checking the condition of the axle, axle joints, suspension struts and springs.
Specially trained service advisors, VPC technicians, sales advisors along with other support staff accompany the Mercedes-Benz ‘Service on Wheels’ truck at each visiting location. For more intense repair work including B&P works, the customer can also book workshop appointment at the ‘Service on Wheels’ by the Service Advisor. Additional elements of the mobile truck service include an exclusive lounge, where the customers can wait in comfort while the inspection of the car takes place.