Pune: India‘s largest luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz, today launched the Grand Edition of its flagship SUV GLS in both the petrol and diesel version, for its discerning Indian customers. The GLS offers an unmatched luxury experience in comparison to any other full-size luxury SUV in the segment and remains a key product in the SUV portfolio of Mercedes-Benz. With the introduction of the GLS Grand Edition, Mercedes-Benz continues to raise the bar by offering best in class performance, premium luxury, cutting edge technology, and plush interiors inspired by the flagship luxury sedan–the S-Class. The GLS Grand Edition was introduced in the market by Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, and will be available across all Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, “The GLS popularly referred to as the ‘S-Class of SUVs’, boasts of unparalleled levels of luxury combined with impressive comfort, agile dynamics and also best-in-class safety. Put to everyday use or venturing off the beaten track, the GLS never disappoints and effortlessly meets all requirements. Indians have a penchant for SUVs and this has pushed India to emerge as the Top 6 markets globally for the GLS, reiterating the vehicles unmatched popularity. We are extremely confident that the ‘GLS Grand Edition’ will continue to remain at the top of customer preference creating new benchmark. Mercedes-Benz India will keep striving to push the boundaries in the luxury automotive segment by driving innovation and excellence not only in our wide product line-up, but also in our customer service offerings and the overall vehicle ownership.”
1. LED Intelligent Light System with unique black rings–
- More visibility in every situation
- Headlamps automatically adapt to typical driving and weather situations
- Dipped beam is activated when speed is above 90 km/h
- Active light function swings the headlamps into bends by up to 15°
- Corner light function improves illumination on corners & tight bends
- The enhanced fog lamp function illuminates the outer half of the carriageway more effectively while reducing the glare due to light reflected by the fog
In terms of storage space, the GLS provides a volume of 680 to 2300 litres and as such clearly surpasses the amount of space offered by the vehicle's European competitors. Of particular note in the high-quality elegant interior are a new heated 3-spoke multifunction nappa leather steering wheel with steering wheel gearshift paddles, 12 function keys and an airbag cover in nappa leather, instruments with modified details as well as a redesigned instrument panel with semi-integrated colour Media Display. The latter offers an even better experience of the vehicle functions thanks to photo-realistic displays of images and graphics. RSES (rear seat entertainment system) comes as standard with the new GLS Grand Edition. Two 17.8 cm (7 inch) high definition screens. A unique and first ever feature that enhances the environment inside the GLS is the Apple CarPlay™ and ANDROID AUTO. It provides options to make calls, listen to music, send and receive text messages and also provides access to select third-party apps that are approved by Apple CarPlay™ and ANDROID AUTO.
Potent power and performance:
|TechnicalSpecifications||GLS 350 d||GLS 400|
|Power kw(hp)@rpm||190 kW  @ 3400rpm||245  / 5250-6000rpm|
Key product features:
- 9-G TRONIC: 9-Speed Automatic Transmission
- DYNAMIC SELECT controller with 5 modes: Comfort, Sport, Slippery, Individual and Off-road
- Panoramic sunroof
- Full LED Headlamps with Intelligent Light System
- Adaptive high beam Assist Plus
- 4MATIC permanent all-wheel-drive System
- AIRMATIC suspension with Adaptive Dampening System Plus
- New Generation Telematics (NTG 5*1)
- Smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay™ and ANDROID AUTO
- COMAND Online with 20.3 cm (8-inches) high resolution media display and Touchpad
- Mirror package with brand logo projection
- Memory package for driver and front passenger
- Parking package with Active Parking Assist and 360° camera
Adaptive, two-stage airbags for driver and front passenger, side bags for driver, front passenger and the middle row seats (combined thorax/pelvis bags) and window bags across all three seat rows are also part of the standard specification. In addition, the GLS is fitted with three-point safety belts on all seven seats.
- ARTICO man-made leather black
- ARTICO man-made leather espresso brown (available with white exterior only)
- ARTICO man-made leather ginger beige / espresso brown
- Light aluminium trim with longitudinal grain(available with espresso brown interior only)
- Open-pore brown ash wood trim
- Citrine brown metallic
- Designo diamond white bright
- Cavansite blue metallic
- Obsidian black metallic
- Iridium silver metallic
- Tenorite grey metallic
The GLS Grand Edition comes with affordable and convenient service packages that drives tremendous value proposition for the customers. Based on the consumers’ needs and preferences, service packages of various age & mileages have been introduced for the GLS Grand Edition.
The Compact Packages for the GLS 400 start at Rs. 75,000 and for the GLS 350 d at Rs. 104,000 for two years. These new standard packages are offered with unlimited mileage (a first in the luxury car segment) covering maintenance related jobs.
These customer focused packages offering various options and flexibility, can last up to 10 years from the date of sale, for a hassle free ownership experience.