- Summer Camp comprises a comprehensive free of charge check-up of the car’s electronics systems, testing of the air-conditioning function and also the interior filters | Complimentary top-up of the AC refrigerant
- As a part of Mercedes-Benz’s 25 years celebration in India, Mercedes-Benz is offering 25% rebate on select parts for periodic maintenance, applicable for customers owning Mercedes-Benz cars for over 5 years
- All customers can avail a ’Quick and Clean’ combo pack and Mercedes-Benz AC Spa treatment at an attractive price
- Summer Care Camp is effective from 15-April to 15-May, 2019 across all Mercedes-Benz service outlets
- Summer Care Camp 2018 was a resounding success with approx. 6500 customers. In 2019 Summer Service Camp, Mercedes-Benz targets to reach out to more than 7000 customers across markets
Pune: With the approach of the harsh summer season this year, India’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz today announced an exclusive ‘Summer Care Camp 2019’ for its discerning customers. This exclusive campaign comprises thorough service check-up of the Three-Pointed Star and enhancing the on-road performance and ownership experience of every Mercedes-Benz this summer. Effective from 15-April until 15-May 2019, the Summer Care Camp will include a thorough check-up of the car’s electronic systems and testing of the air-conditioning function apart from a complimentary top-up of the AC refrigerant. Other services like complimentary evaluation of the car will be part of the Summer Service Camp.
Speaking on the roll-out of this initiative, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, “Indian seasons can get quite extreme, especially the summers, which are quite intense and one needs to take all precautionary measures to ensure the optimal functioning of the vehicle. We are back with our immensely popular Summer Service Camp which, ensures the vehicle performs optimally under harsh weather conditions, and the customers can enjoy their summer holidays and road trips with complete peace of mind. It is our way of reinstating our commitment of offering seamless services as the most preferred luxury car manufacturer.”
As a part of the Mercedes-Benz Summer Care Camp check-up, the customers can avail the following:
- Complementary AC Checkup
- Complementary Vehicle Checkup (Checkup of Tires, Brakes, Fluid Levels and all electronic checkups)
- Special offer on select maintenance parts
- Special offer on Mercedes-Benz AC Spa Treatment and Mercedes-Benz Quick and Clean Combo
Quick facts on Mercedes-Benz Air conditioning systems
- Mercedes-Benz vehicles have its hardware and software individually designed and adapted for maximum performance and efficiency for each car line
- A multitude of sensors give inputs to A/C control units and these are then processed and used to control various functions for performance, air quality, control quality, noise level and efficiency
- Mercedes-Benz AC systems ranges from 1 zone manual A/C (THERMATIC) to 4 zone Auto AC (THERMOTRONIC)
Key factors affecting the optimal functioning of a vehicle’s air-conditioning:
- Outside temperature and humidity; in car temperature setting
- Incident of raise from the sun entering the vehicle’s interior
- Air conditioner’s filter and dust filter condition
- Speed of the vehicle
- Rear side windows and panoramic roof and shutter position
- Heating of vehicle parts due to parking under sun (particularly in summer).
Key information about Mercedes-Benz Air Conditioners:
- Mercedes-Benz vehicles with automatic AC gradually attain a comfortable 22 degree Celsius cabin temperature within 10 to 15 mins from the time the Air Conditioner is turned on
- Mercedes-Benz Air condition systems are designed to reduce draught and improve performance, air quality, control quality, noise level and efficiency; without affecting the body condition of the passenger
- It is important to note that direct exposure to cold air draught (Blast of cold air) for prolonged periods affects skin and body
- Mercedes-Benz recommends the Air conditioners to be used in ‘Auto’ mode for optimal cooling and comfort
Air conditioners can be set manually if so desired, in particular situations as mentioned below:
- Air conditioners A/C control– ON | Temperature setting– Low | Re-Circulation mode –ON | Blower speed – Max | A/C Auto Mode–OFF | Blower position –Central | All Sun blinds rolled up | Vehicle should be in running condition | Use in above setting may result in high air blow and blower noise | Ventilate the cabin when vehicle is exposed to direct sunlight for longer periods
Media Contact: Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd:
Shekhar Das Chowdhury | firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 98508 36477
Vignesh Shankar | email@example.com | +91
Chhaya Tiwari | firstname.lastname@example.org |
+91 9594746903 |
About Mercedes-Benz India:
Established in 1994, Mercedes-Benz India which celebrates its 25th anniversary in India, pioneered the luxury car market in the country and boasts of more than 130 years of cutting edge innovation in the luxury automobile industry globally. Set up in 2009, Mercedes-Benz India’s world class production facility is spread over 100 acres in Chakan near Pune. Since June 2015, Mercedes-Benz India also commenced production from its new expanded production facility located in the same premises. Mercedes-Benz India is part of Mercedes-Benz’s Global Production Network. It plays an important role in the CKD/MVP production network in Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. At these locations, Mercedes-Benz produces vehicles in various extension levels for domestic markets. The production facility now carries an investment of INR 2,200 crores and has the largest installed production capacity for any luxury carmaker in India.
Mercedes-Benz India also has the largest network spread amongst any luxury carmaker, with presence in 47 Indian cities through 97 outlets. Through the exclusive AMG Performance Centers located in 6 cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kochi, and Pune; the AMG performance sub-brand of Mercedes-Benz also boasts of a strong retail network presence in the country.
Mercedes-Benz India’s flagship programme, ‘My Mercedes, My Service’ launched in 2016, aims to completely redefine the after-sales experience by digitalizing service process and create unparalleled benchmark in the luxury car service domain. In December 2017, Mercedes-Benz India launched its innovative ‘Pit Stop Service’ across all AMG Performance Centre to create service differentiation. This speedy, personalized and priority service is a commitment to the AMG and Specialty Cars customers, in driving delightful vehicle ownership. ‘My Mercedes, My Service’ aims at enhancing the customer’s vehicle ownership experience manifold, making after-sales experience as the new differentiator in the luxury car segment. With the use of big data and in-depth knowledge of the driving pattern of Indian customers, Mercedes-Benz has been able to drive successfully low cost of ownership for its customers. A testimony of all these initiatives is reflected in 2018 JD Power Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) and Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), which ranks Mercedes-Benz India at the top, with a score of 903.
Mercedes-Benz India product portfolio comprises the locally produced Mercedes Maybach S 560, S-Class, E-Class Long Wheelbase, C-Class, CLA luxury sedans and the GLA, GLE and the GLS luxury SUVs. The CKD GLC was the ninth product added to Mercedes-Benz’s local production portfolio. Completely Built imported cars portfolio includes the A-Class, B-Class, V-Class, CLS, E-Class Cabriolet, E-Class All-Terrain, S-Class Coupé, C-Class Cabriolet, S-Class Cabriolet and the S 600 Guard, plus a range of other Guard vehicles.
The product portfolio also comprises the iconic off-roader Mercedes-AMG G 63 as well as a wide range of other Mercedes-AMG performance cars like the AMG CLA 45, AMG C 63 S, AMG E 63 S, AMG S 63 Coupé, AMG S 63 Sedan, AMG GLA 45, AMG GLC 43 Coupé, AMG GLE 43 Coupé, AMG GT S, AMG GT R and AMG GT Roadster sports car, AMG SLC 43 and AMG C 43 Coupe. Mercedes-Benz India recorded retail sales of 3885 units in the period January-Mar 2019. In 2019, ‘The Best Never Rest’ is Mercedes-Benz’s brand motto.