The 9G-TRONIC is the world’s first 9-speed automatic transmission with the hydrodynamic torque converter in the premium segment. The innovative transmission, developed independently by Mercedes-Benz, offers more gears, more comfort, more economy. The nine forward gears with the 9G-TRONIC allow a larger ratio range with even shorter engine speed intervals between gear ranges. This results in even faster, smoother and more efficient gear changes for enhanced driving comfort and reduced noise levels.
5 DYNAMIC SELECT modes come standard with the GLE and can be toggled with, using the Controller on the centre console. These modes allow adjustment of parameters such as the characteristics of engine, transmission, steering and suspension.
- 4MATIC Permanent All-Wheel-Drive System (standard for the GLE)
- Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR) (standard for the GLE)
- Direct-Steer System – Sporty, Direct and Comfortable (standard for the GLE)
- Suspension With Steel Springs (standard for 250 d 4MATIC)
- AIRMATIC Package (standard for 350 d 4MATIC and 400 4MATIC)