Vehicle preparation Centre:
The VPC is created to cater to vehicle storing requirement of Mercedes-Benz India till 2024 and will aid the company’s vision to deliver “Zero Defect Customized Vehicles with Customer Delight.
At VPC, the vehicles are stored, maintained and prepared for dealer dispatches following the stringent VPC guidelines laid down by Daimler. Apart from these guidelines, the system is subjected to Process Audits, Integrated Management System (IMS) Audits and various Inventory Audits. All the vehicles are subjected to stringent checks during take-over from production, periodic maintenance and SVC (Standard Vehicle Check) before dispatching the
vehicles to the dealers. Some key highlights are:
• Use of an Unique Inventory Management Software which eases the monitoring of the movement of vehicles, their maintenance schedules and also this software has features such as Automatic UPN (Unique Parking Number) generation as per model and colour
• Entry is restricted only to authorized vehicles and drivers through automated boom barriers, digital board displaying parking occupancy status, etc.
• Automated key storage and vending machine for safety and faster retrieval of required key
• Automated Conveyor System for Automatic Car Wash Machine which removes human intervention while placing the car in Auto car wash
• State of the art Underground exhaust extraction system in workshop
• 9 productive bays comprising 5 scissor lifts and 4 two post lifts and a facility to lift Guard vehicles
• Exclusive storage facility for VPC loose parts, welcome kits for customers
• A world-class paint booth, paint preparation station for paint repair jobs
• A supreme car modification centre to carry out value added jobs like AMG styling, decal kits, specialized car upholstery, specialized paints, other fitments etc.